Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Operation Paint Da House: 2010 - Part II

After posting what I thought was a great post yesterday, using stunning imagery through words, I was corrected by a friend who claims to be a "visual" reader. He offered to help remedy the situation by taking pictures of Hubband and I painting the house. Much to his surprise, I took him up on the offer. So, yesterday afternoon, Sean of Resolusean Photography drove over to my house to make painting appear far more glamorous than it is.  Turns out, painting isn't all that exciting, but Peaches got a great photo session out of it. And I got a great afternoon's conversation. Thanks, Sean, for pretty-ing up my blog and making it more enjoyable for my readers!

I do have to hand it to Sean, though, he does make painting the house seem like a more attractive prospect.  Look at these photos - they make me want to go back out and get some more painting done!

Front light - thank goodness Hubband covered this or it would match the house.

Sean has succeeded in making a can of paint look sexy.  That's right!  S E X Y! 

No! That's not a hot new fashion trend - that's tape, acting as a bangle.  Gotta paint in style, girls!

I put tape in my pocket, and then my cell phone.  When I pulled it out, it was stuck like this.  Surprisingly this was entertaining enough to discuss a few times (with Sean and Hubband).

I told you I slapped the tape to any surface it would stick to.  Turns out it sticks very well to windows.

Within 10 minutes of starting the process yesterday I stuck my elbow flat against a wet wall. I think it says "I'm a hard worker and I'm not afraid to let it show".  Or maybe it says "I'm a klutz with a short memory". 

How does he DO that?  The container of paint looks sexy too!

Tools of the trade. 


 
Not my sexiest, I'll admit...

I got bored with my original canvas so I moved on to a more entertaining one.  Thanks, Hubband!

And now, on to Peaches' pro photo session.  Not much of a worker this dog, but cute as all get out!





The smile just kept getting bigger.  Too cute!

Thanks for everything, Sean! We're looking forward to our next photo session this weekend.  I'll be paint free, this time, I promise!

1 comment:

  1. LuV,lUv,LUV this post!!! i so sympathies!! I had my episode of 'paint my house"!! i wish i would have had Sean there to document, too!!!

    ReplyDelete