Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I Learned a Few Things Today

Every day business owner's face potential clients who try to de-value their work.  These potential clients, while often well-meaning, haggle for a deal, and ask for products or services for free, or at a reduced rate, that most business owner's used as method's for becoming successful.   

As a Wedding Planner I run into this issue all the time, as do Photographers, Florists, Videographers, DJ's and Caterers.  These potential clients are understandably trying to save some money while planning an event in their lives that does often cost, at least here in San Diego, upwards of $25,000 on average.  I believe that many of us do our best to satisfy our customer's and try, to some extent, to compromise our prices, cut corner's and bend over backwards all in the name of pleasing these clients.  But I have to wonder... what service are we doing ourselves by allowing people to de-value our work?  I'm guessing very little.  I think this video says it all! 

Just to keep a light spin on it all, though, I heard something that made me laugh today:
"If your clients aren't complaining about your prices, you aren't charging enough".

No comments:

Post a Comment