Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Robyn and Kevin's Visit

It's been a busy  month here in the Schmaltz house.  For a week in mid-November my girlfriend Heidi, her husband Brett, and their one year old son, Adam, came for a visit.  Their visit went by very quickly and unfortunately no one took any pictures...

However, just four short days later my girlfriend Robyn and her husband Kevin came to visit us for a week over the Thanksgiving Holiday.  However, I wasn't quite done my wedding season.  As soon as the two of them landed in San Diego, Kevin for the first time, I whisked them off to a brief lunch followed by a wedding rehearsal. 

On Thanksgiving morning I ran the Father Joe's annual Thanksgiving 5K run/walk to raise money for meals for San Diego's hungry.  I raised around $250 and got some exercise... so important on one of the biggest "foodie" days of the year.  Alan cooked a wonderful dinner and we were good American's - we ate ourselves silly!

On Friday Robyn and I worked a wonderful wedding at Balboa Park while the boys went golfing and the dog went to the Spa.  We avoided the malls as if they had the plague... no sense in taking part in the madness that is Black Friday.  However, we weren't able to hold out long.  Saturday we partook in the amazing post-Thanksgiving sales up at the outlet mall in Carlsbad.  Thank you, Michael Kors, for such beautiful bags.  I hope you enjoy your holidays.

On Sunday we found ourselves paragliding... well... some of us.  I'll pause here and let you take in the pictures from our adventures. 



So, the wind was not very strong on Sunday.  Alan, Robyn and I did manage to get up in the air for a paragliding trip over the cliffs of Torrey Pines golf course and Black's Beach, the NUDE beach here in San Diego.  From the air I didn't see any of my non-clad Californian's.  However, through a funny twist of fate, the winds died before I was even half way through my ride - my pilot and I had to land on the beach.  It is there that I witnessed my first nude jogger.  Yes... jogging... naked... I know, you're dsiappointed... I have no pictures of this!

Unfortunately, the winds just weren't strong enough for a fourth flight so Kevin wasn't able to get up in the air.  When he comes back in May for his birthday I think the first thing we'll do is head to the Gliderport for his flight.

Monday... I don't remember much.  Sad, isn't it?  Oh yes, we had breakfast with some friends from my BNI chapter, went for a quick blood test (me, not Robyn), did some quick shopping at Dressbarn and Marshall's and then tried again to go for a Paragliding trip.  The winds, again, weren't stable enough for flight so I sent Robyn and Kevin for an adventure down in La Jolla.  From the pictures I'm sure you can tell that they had a good time.

Tuesday we spent the day at Sea World - always my favorite place.  Next time they come we'll do an Animal Encounter but this trip Robyn found a new love: the Bat Ray's.  I've only shown you 3 of about 45 photos of her with the animals.  I will admit, I love them too.  Kevin is just a very avid photographer!

Wednesday, unfortunately, brought their departure.  However, we've heard multiple promises of their imminent return for more food, shopping and fun.  Thanks guys!  It was a great visit; can't wait to see you both again.

No comments:

Post a Comment