Monday, January 11, 2010

Love Is All Around

I had a moment today. 

Not a crazy, screaming, pull-your-hair-out kind of moment, but a moment that made me think of all the things in this world that are wonderful. 

My husband.
My dog.
My family (however far away they may be).
My job.
My friends.

And then it hit me.  Love, itself, is wonderful.

Here's what I saw (I only wish I'd been able to take a picture):
A young man (probably around 30 years old) was riding his bike up a very long hill from San Diego into Santee.  He looks incredibly fit and appears to be riding up this hill with little effort.  How can I tell as I drive by at 65mph?  Because he's riding slowly enough that he has his hand on the back of his partner who is also riding up the hill with him... an older gentleman who appears to be struggling up the hill. 

I'm not even sure why this struck me so strongly other than it has to be love and kindness driving this young man to help someone struggling up the hill.  Instead of being frustrated by being slowed-down, or giving up and telling this older rider to just get off and walk up the hill, he was, literally, giving him a pat on the back, a little bit of extra encouragement to keep going.

Of course this is just the way I see it...

Let's try to pass a little extra love today.  Who couldn't use it?

1 comment:

  1. How perfect of an example of what a little bit of love and caring can do. Not only did his act impact the older gentleman that he was riding you. It also impacted you, and in turn me. It's amazing what a little act can do....

    ReplyDelete