Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Moon... Almost

Every Tuesday morning I get up between 5am and 5:30am to attend my weekly BNI meeting.  And every Monday night I groan and complain about the fact that I have to get up so early and run a meeting.

This morning, though, it was worth it.  Today I did manage to take a picture of something beuatiful... unfortunately my cell phone isn't very good at taking images of objects as far away as the moon.  So, while the image is not breathtaking, I was stunned at the fact that this was the first time since moving to beautiful sunny San Diego that I've seen such a small sliver of the moon so clearly.  Enjoy it for what it's worth!



Fun Fact: the moon is (on average because of it's elliptical orbit) 238,857 miles from planet earth.  No wonder my cell phone camera wasn't up to snuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment