Monday, January 4, 2010

Tis a Sad Day

Well, it is for me.

Let me preface this by saying "I'm not an alcoholic".  Of course one could presume that needing to say something like this means that I'm denial and I am, undoubtedly, and alcoholic, but seriously... read me out here...

I like beer.  I enjoy wine.  And I LOVE my dark rum and cokes, especially on Football Sunday's or when I go home to visit my parents (albeit the latter too infrequent an event).  I will even admit that there have been occasions in my past where I've indulged in one too many pink Cadillac margarita's when in Vegas at Margaritaville, but I can imagine there are many of you out there who have also had "one too many" at various times in the past.  But today is a sad day for Meaghan.

I can't drink alcohol anymore.  I had one beer... ONE... yesterday while watching the football game.  I was hungover (the sweats, the aching head, the bloated stomach) within two hours.  Isn't that awful?  I KNOW!  I'm going to assume it's the lack of thyroid (the story about this can be found here) and the resulting medication I have to take every day.

I've has suspicions over the past year that I was starting to have an intolerance to alcohol.  The ONE BEER followed by a wicked hangover is proof positive that I am now... GULP...a Non-Alcoholic

You're welcome to leave your condolences in my comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment