Thursday, February 4, 2010

I love... Monster Trucks

Over the past couple of days, due in large to some inspiration from some of the amazing Wedding vendors I work with, I've been taking stock of who I am, what I love, what I represent, and what I believe.  Some pretty deep thoughts have come from it and I'm attacking 2010 with a new zeal... albeit a month later than I would have liked.

With that said, I'd like to share another "Love" with you.  Monster Trucks.  Oh yeah, you read me... Monster. Trucks.  Loud. Smelly. Crazy, flippy, rough and tumble, make your boots shake and your stomach quiver Monster Trucks. 

For those of you doubters our there who think it's a 'hick' pass time, or for gun-toting rednecks... well, you're kind of right!  And I guess I'm one of them at heart!  There are plenty of jacked up trucks with lift kits and gun racks in the parking lot, accompanied by the almost mandatory pile of Pilsner beer cans and cigarette butts.  You'll see the odd "gentleman" (I use the term very loosely here) relieving himself of all of his imbibed liquids behind his big ol' truck when he thinks no one is watching, and perhaps a Camo jacket or two (thousand), BUT! Don't knock it 'til you try it.  Think of it as a mini-Halloween.  Pull out your nastiest, ripped jeans (not the ones that are in style this year, the ones that you paint and mow the lawn in), your multi-pocket vests and your Dad's old trucker hats and head on down to the Monster Jam.  Seriously.  If you don't have a good time I'll eat my words but I LOVE 'EM!

Take a gander at these here pictures and tell me you're not just a little bit interested...







It keeps this crazy Canuck family happy!  I hope to see you there next January with your mitts, toques (that's Canadian for "beanie") and your open minds at Qualcomm Stadium to see whether Monster Mutt can finally beat Grave Digger (though the odds are pretty slim...)

Oh, and don't forget your earplugs!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment