Monday, February 8, 2010

I'm exhausted!

No, not really, actually. 

Yesterday I had planned (and even Facebooked, much to my embarassment) to go for a hike with the hubband, my pooch, my girl Gemma and her hubby, Josh.  We got up. We got dressed.  We picked them up.  We grabbed coffee and a bagel - you know, a nice light meal before a hike - and then it all went down hill.  It was cold!

Okay, I understand that cold is relative.  My friends and family back home are shaking their head and rolling their eyes at my new idea of "cold".  To me (now, that I live in sunny SoCal) cold is anything that requires more than a long sleeved t-shirt.  Am I a wimp?  Probably but I like it this way so :P

We endured the cold winds and eventual rain for about 20 minutes while we ate our bagels.  We clibmed an ardurous incline of 6" (there was a curb on the way to the deli) and an exhausitng 60 yards to and from the vehicle.  We were whipped so we took a few hours to rest and watch Land of the Lost.



All in all a successful day.  I won't even speak of the horrors that Superbowl XLIV wrought on my book wracked body! 

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment