Monday, December 6, 2010

30 minus 4 days!

Okay, so here we are, at the halfway point in the list of reasons why, at the age of 30, I believe my life is made.  The previous posts (#8, #7, #6 and #5) were all fun.  Now it's time to get serious.  Seriously mushy!  Keep reading if you're up for some lovin'!

Reason #4
I have amazing friends.  The kind of friends that make you proud to know them.  Not the friends who you only introduce to certain people.  The kinds of friends who you feel lucky to have because you think they're way cooler than you are!

I have a girlfriend who works for the City of Calgary - I think that's super cool.  I have a girlfriend who was a former client who, when not working full time this past year, wrote a book.  A book, people.  Who does that? My friend does that, that's who.  I have friends who know famous people, and I have friends who want to see me make it big in life.  I have friends I can cry with when I need to, and friends who come to me when they need help.  I have friends who worked on Wall Street (literally) and friend who dream of doing nothing more than making a wonderful life for their family.  So what makes all of this something to celebrate?  Because they picked little old me to be their friend.  I'm constantly blown away at how much love there is in the world - I see it every day in the emails, the phone calls, the text messages, the cards, the Facebook status updates... it's AMAZING!  

My friends make my life a success.  

Reason #3 is filled with more love... can you handle it?

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing and that's why amazing people surround you. It's just one of those things. ;)
    Keeses! Bets and Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Betsy's comment! Caring, warm, great people attract caring, warm, great people to them! Proud to be one of those friends, girl!

    Hugs, Bethel

    ReplyDelete