Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Fancy Dancy What?

I had a meeting with a photographer yesterday morning.  Photographers always inspire me to be more spontaneous with my camera work ("camera work" being the little camera on my cell phone).  Yesterday, I was presented with a perfect opportunity to take a spur-of-the-moment picture or two.  


This photo quality, of course, is proof-positive why I'm not a photographer.  It's blurry.  But, I ask you, at first blush, if you saw this mounted on a wall, would you know what it was?  I hadn't seen one before.  I thought it was some new fandangled purse holder, or maybe a baby changing station - oh, did I neglect to mention I was in a restroom?

Turns out, upon closer inspection, it has a more practical function:


It's a HAND DRYER!  You move your hands up and down through an incredibly powerful blast of air.  Turns out, while looking all space-agey to me, it works pretty well.  

Based on the incredulous look I received from the other lady in the restroom, though, it's likely best if I keep my spontaneous photo moments out of restrooms. *giggle*

No comments:

Post a Comment