Thursday, December 2, 2010

30 minus 8 days!


I'm turning thirty.  In eight days.  And please, I want you to read that as "WAAHOOO!  I'm turning 30!" not "Ugh... I'm turning... 30?" I'm so ridiculously excited about turning 30. Why, you say, are you embracing an age that so many women dread? Why the heck not? It's awesome!


Over the past couple of months as I've drawn closer to being 30 (yes... months!), I've started to look back at all the reasons I have to celebrate this year. There are tons of good reasons and I've come to realize that while I may not have taken the path I thought I would have to get to thirty, gosh darn it, I've ARRIVED! Every day I have something to be happy for. So I've decided that over the next 8 days I'm going to post one reasons why I think I've "made it".

Reason #8:

I do what I love. Pure and simple. Not only do I get up each morning and stroll the 15 paces from my bedroom to my office (in my pajamas no less) but I LOVE turning on the computer to face the day. Yes, there are days that are challenging, and there are things from time to time that get me down, but 98% of the time, I'm happy.


And it's not just work. I do what I love when I'm not working too. I knit. I watch movies. I read fabulous books. I day dream - OH MY do I day dream! Sometimes I just turn on the music and dance around the house. Hey - if we're putting it out there, why hold back the embarrassing stuff? I talk to my dog, constantly. Some day I expect her to talk back to me. I sing at ridiculously high volumes in my office or in my car. I eat what I want, when I want, and I buy clothes that work for my body (even if I am 20lbs overweight).

On Sunday's I stay in my pajamas all day and watch football with my Hubband and eat bad (but oh-so-good) food. I yell at Phillip Rivers and drool over Peyton Manning. I lie on the sofa and pretend to know what I'm talking about with regards to football with Hubband and just ruminate on how awesome my life is that I'm able to lie around on a Sunday and just enjoy my life.

To take a quote from a good friend and fellow Wedding vendor, Kevin Mudd of Cool Cake Photography, Life. Is. Good.

If this isn't too much happiness for you, c'mon back tomorrow for Reason #7... any bets as to what it is?

2 comments:

  1. Nope... nothing material. Well, that's not true. I love my purses but my purses don't give me reasons to celebrate like this.

    ReplyDelete