Monday, December 20, 2010

My 30th Birthday Party

I know I just posted about my Christmas tree but it's Monday morning and it's still before 9am so I'm slightly unfocused on work. I'm still recovering from my 30th birthday week which was all wrapped up in a crazy little bow on Friday night. 

I would love to tell you that it was a very civilized affair with wine sipping and not a lite beer in sight but that would be a lie. It was WAY BETTER THAN THAT! Yes, Hubband and I are still both paying for it but it was definitely worth it. I may have mentioned before that Hubband loves to surprise me. This birthday was no exception. All he told me was "Downtown Fashionable". So I went shopping with a little mad-money that my Godmother sent me for my birthday and bought a totally adorable ruffle-sweater which you will see below. It's festive and yet (in my mind) fashionable. If you're the Fashion Police and feel that I ought to be locked up for that sweater my address is 1800 Go Jump Off a Cliff Lane...

Hubband took me to Shout House. Being the box-dwelling individual that I am, having never been downtown in San Diego for it's nightlife, I didn't know what the Shout House was. Turns out, it's a rockin' establishment full of bawdy music, Miller High-Life beer, and dueling pianos. It. Was. Awesome. I won't bore you with too many details as there are plenty of photos to show that we had a good time. Suffice it to say that I felt that everyone should wear my crown, including an older lady, Mary Kay (my new BFF, LOL!) whom I eventually gave it to. I also thought that the rose that Mr. McCue gave me was a source of utmost hilarity and should be put into as many photos as possible. Turns out I found it funnier than most people. Seems to me that a couple glasses of champagne and a few three or four (yes, you read that right) Miller High Life's might skew one's perception of humor. 

All in all I had a great night. And why am I still recovering? Because Hubband has been sick for two weeks and I was pretty under the weather all last week which any of my clients can attest to. I couldn't, however, put off my birthday for another week since I missed celebrating it on the actual date due to a wonderful Wedding I worked. So we're getting our voices back and we seem to be coming out of the fog of the cold. I still have my trusty Afrin beside me to keep the sniffles at bay, but thankfully we're on the mend just in time for Christmas.

And one last thing - much like my countdown to my birthday, I'm going to blog some consecutive posts about the friends who attended my birthday. Before the big day I had planned out some speeches I wanted to give to each couple who showed up. Since it was SO LOUD at Shout House I've decided to post them here so they will know how much I love them. Stay tuned for the first one this afternoon.

HERE'S THE PROOF OF FUN!

It all started with a pink crown and glass of Jack and Coke...


















Uh, no, those are Hubbands' beers, not mine!

And then the crown became a source of amusement for me:





























Followed shortly by a new found laugh-fest induced by shoving roses in people's faces:





























It was a great night had by all. I can't say enough about all of my friends and how much they made this night. Stay tuned this week for my toasts to my friends. The first one is coming this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment