Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Birthday Week

The countdown is done, and it seemed like everyone enjoyed it. For those of you who followed it, "thanks"! It was fun to be able to share all the good things in my life. And now that I'm actually 30, and far wiser than I was last week at the tender age of 29, I have to say thank you again to everyone for making my birthday week.  

"Week?" you say.

"Yes", I say, "I've had a birthday WEEK! And it's not over yet".

On Friday I had to host a Wedding Rehearsal which is work for me. Yes, I know, I do have an amazing job. Thank you for noticing. But to make my birthday day feel more like a birthday and less like any other day I have to work, my bestie Kate took me out for lunch. She was super sneaky and told her boss that she had "personal errands" to run. Looks like I'm a personal errand. I hope I'm not one of those errands that is dreaded, though, like picking up a prescription or making dental appointments. Just kidding, Katy, I know I'm not. Love you! She brought me a delightful "New Hands" kit from Bath and Body Works that I not only adore but desperately needed.

I also received many excellent birthday wishes through Facebook and one especially touching phone call from my pals over at La Vida Creations. I only wish I could record sound on here (wait... I know there's one smarty-pants out there waiting to tell me that I can) so you could hear the message.  It was a great pick-me-up after a rather frustrating rehearsal where the officiant who refused to call me back before the Wedding announced that he would need a podium tomorrow at the Wedding. Awesome timing, dude. :-P

Unfortunately Hubband was really sick (he had the flu last week) so we didn't go out for dinner. However, he did go to the grocery store and get me the makings of my favorite snack that my girl Gaby taught me (french bread, dipped in oil an vinegar, then layered with fresh slices of mozzarella cheese, tomato and basil). He wasn't, unfortunately, allowed to make me the food since I was trying to stay healthy for the Wedding but it's easy to put together. He also got me a delicious Red Velvet birthday cake. It really should have been submitted to Cake Wrecks but it was delicious and we didn't want to take the time to take photos before we dug into it's sugary goodness. He also surprised me with the Susan Collins "Hunger Games" trilogy and the "Twilight: Eclipse" movie which he suffered through with me that night. Now that's love!

On Saturday I worked the Wedding but had lots of birthday hugs and wishes from all the vendors. It was very sweet of them. On Sunday we lazed around and I was able to have my birthday phone calls from my parents and my in-laws - something I didn't have time for on my actual birthday due to work.

Monday was another birthday day. We had dinner out with our family friends (Shogun Kobe goodness!) where they delivered not only our Christmas presents from our family back home in Canadia (yes, I meant to type it that way) but my birthday prezzie from my parents. It's GORGEOUS! It's a purple, black and green plaid cape from Etcetera out of New York. Once I get a good picture of me in it, I'll post it but so far the pictures have been poor quality cell phone pictures. Diane and Dave (our Canadian friends) also brought me my two favorite treats: Smarties and Gummy Marshmallow Frogs. No, not American Smarties, the good kind, from Canadia. Never had them? Well, consider your life less-lived than mine! 

On Tuesday my Hubband took me out for lunch. I'll call it a belated birthday lunch since we hadn't gone out to celebrate yet. And what did I get? Another birthday present from a friend. Two fabulous new books from author's I've never read before. I'm psyched to get to them over the holidays.

Today I'm giving myself a birthday present: a day at home to do all the things I've been meaning to do since June - clean the office, archive files, set up a better file structure for my clients, etc. Yes, I know it sounds like work, and I suppose it is work related, but I'm feeling so much lighter for having it done. 

I'm not sure what tomorrow will hold, perhaps nothing, but I know that Friday is my birthday party with a few of my closest friends. I don't know where I'm going or what I'm doing (Hubband does love to surprise me) but I do know that some of my favorite people will be there to help me ring in a great new year. So here's to 30! May it be the best yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment