Monday, December 20, 2010

Birthday Toast: Chuck and Gaby

At my recent birthday bash I had planned to give a small toast to each of my friends who were in attendance because each and every one of them has made an impact on my life. Since it was crazy-loud at the Shout House I've decided to post them here so they still get to see them. Time for some blog-love... ahhh....

Chuck and Gaby - I've known you for almost 7 years now. I know, right? You two were some of the first friends I made when I visited Hubband all those long years ago and I'm so grateful for you two. You're positive, and supportive and generous beyond all comprehension. You're passionate about one another, about your children, and about your passions in general. You stay true to your beliefs; you never pretend to be someone or something you're not and I admire that so much about you both.

You've taught me more lessons that I can recount but these few stick out in my mind:

  • If wine isn't good, make Sangria out of it.
  • Never leave home without mascara and lip gloss.
  • Love wins - every time.
  • Kids don't ruin your life... they make it better.
Thank you to you both for being my longest-running friends in San Diego. A toast to you both - you're absolutely lovely.

Oh, and something else I just learned: Chuck has a very flat head.

Gaby always looks amazing!

And she makes Hubband ridiculously happy!

1 comment:

  1. Meaghan this is amazingly thoughtful, sweet and so so kind! I can speak for both of us (which I do way too often) and tell you that we adore both of you. Thank you for sharing not only your day with us, but your amazing life as well. I love you.

    ReplyDelete