Sunday, December 5, 2010

30 minus 5 days!

Reason #5
I moved to California.  Damn skippy that means my life is made!

Well, sure, most of you that read this blog know that I'm a Californian but I didn't start out here.  I was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and moved to Calgary, Alberta when I was 5 1/2.  I grew up accepting that I would always have winter birthdays and long for a summer birthday.  But here, in sunny SoCal I finally get my summer birthdays.  I mean, seriously, how cool is that?  Well, it's not cool at all - it's HOT!  

In California I can wear adorable shoes year 'round without fear of snow-damage and I never have to plug my car in... unless I get a new electric car, that is.  It's never the wrong time of year for margarita's and I can go watch Monster Jam in an open-air stadium.  My guests who visit from Canada can sit out on my back patio at 8am with a cup of coffee or at 8pm with a glass of wine and the only thing they need for warmth is good conversation and a light sweater.

And best of all... I live in California.  No... please read that again.  I live. In California.  HOLY CRAP, right?  Any given day I can drive less than 10 miles and be at the ocean; I can watch the sea lions every day of the week and have my lunch meetings a stone's throw from the beach.  Heck, I can walk on the beach every day if I want to.  I mean, isn't that what we all work for throughout most of our lives?  To live somewhere warm and have access to all we want in life?  Well... I do.  I win! 

Reason #4 starts to get sappier.  I hope you're ready for a couple days of BIG LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment